After 1 million units sold in 28 days, it’s time to review the analysts’ predictions:
First year iPad unit forecasts (sourced from TMO Finance Board)
- Brian Marshall, Broadpoint AmTech 7.0
- David Bailey, Goldman Sachs 6.2
- Kathryn Huberty, Morgan Stanley 6.0
- Shaw Wu, Kauffman Bros. 5.0
- Mike Abramsky, RBC Capital Markets 5.0
- Gene Munster, Piper Jaffray 3.5
- Ben Reitzes, Barclays Capital 2.9
- Keith Bachman, BMO Capital 2.5
- Jeff Fidacaro, Susquehanna 2.1
- Chris Whitmore, Deutsche Bank 2.0
- Scott Craig, Merrill Lynch 1.2
- Peter Misek, Canaccord Adams 1.2
- Doug Reid, Thomas Weisel 1.1
- Yair Reiner, Oppenheimer 1.1
Looks like at least half of these guys have already blown it.
For the record, in January I forecast 6 million units for calendar 2010 (and 10 million in first year).
Thanks to MfH for the tip.