Acer chairman J.T. Wang recently predicted that Apple’s share of the tablet market would decline precipitously as new rivals emerge, falling from nearly 100 percent to 20 to 30 percent.
So let me get this straight: A PC vendor…
- that did not consider building tablets because they failed to see an opportunity
- that, once introduced, dismissed the iPad as a failure
- that has no software assets to couple to an alternative offering
- that cannot license software assets that compete because none exist
- that does not understand what jobs the device is hired to do vs. what his current products do
- that has no ecosystem to couple to an offering
- that cannot market products any cheaper than the incumbent
…should be taken seriously when predicting share for products that do not exist?