Using interactive graphics and narration, this latest Apple Earnings Review discusses Apple’s performance in relation of its historic performance as well as to expectations (published in the Preview) on the following topics:
- Guidance vs Actual performance: Now that Apple changed the way it provides guidance, are we seeing a new degree of precision in their signaling. We look at the history of earnings guidance and how effective (or not) the current method is in helping predict performance.
- Gross and Operating Margins analysis: What is the pattern of margins and how important are margins to the perception of competitiveness?
- Margins by product. How are margins allocated by product?
- Average selling prices for each product. Any surprises in Pricing? What was the magnitude, cause and significance of iPhone ASP drop.
- iOS product shipments. Comparison with expectations, trends and explanations. Overall iOS growth story.
- Cash balance and the effect on cash of share re-purchase.
- Sales growth and Earnings growth, a long term retrospective.
Duration is about 1hr.
As a reminder, the Padcast can be reviewed interactively users can access to the underlying data.
It’s available for download on the iPad for $19.99. Those who already bought the Preview will be receiving an updated version soon that includes the Review at no extra charge.