We turn our attention to the notion of competition. It’s a concept that has many contradictory connotations. What we anticipate as sporting or fair is never the way business or war is conducted. How should you think about this and why does it matter in every decision you make professionally and personally?
Here is the second Perspective “padcast” where I discuss:
- Top and bottom line growth
- iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac revenue growth
- iPad vs. Mac
- iOS product mix
- Other product line growth
- Gross Margins by product
- Pricing and revenue per unit by product
- Cash and cash growth
- Guidance and whether results were a surprise to management
The discussion is an audio presentation with animated, interactive motion charts which can be manipulated by the user.
In anticipation of the earnings release tomorrow, I prepared a iPad-enabled audio-visual chart-based discussion of my expectation for product-level performance.
I discuss six topics in a historic context and the reasoning behind my expectations for the just-ended June quarter:
- Units by product line
- Unit growth
- Gross Margin percent (profitability) by product
- Pricing power in terms of revenue per unit sold
- Contribution to revenues for each product
- Contribution to margin for each product (i.e. profitability)
It’s available for $0.99 here.