- There’s zero backwards compatibility with Windows Phone 6.5 applications.
- It’s still based on Windows CE underneath (version 6 in this case)
- Developers are going to need to re-code their apps.
- So what will they code it in? So far, we’ve been told Silverlight and XNA.
- Kindel’s post also mentions Web 2.0 Standards and Microsoft developer tools, along with .Net.
- Nothing about C++ or native code versus managed code, but expect managed code to be de rigeur.
Check out some of the comments in the link above.