The first Asymconf was conducted on Friday, April 13th, 2012 in Amsterdam. Here are some statistics from the show:
- 155 registered participants and over 1000 participation hours
- Over 500 tweets generated during the day (#asymconf)
- Eight hours of conference executed on schedule
- Three iPads used to facilitate: one as a whiteboard, one as a slide presenter and one as an interactive motion chart.
- Seven video cameras used to capture over 1 terabyte of video data.
- Four cases conducted with majority of time spent on audience participation
Overall, feedback has been very positive. We will now edit the video to make it available for download. We will also analyze all aspects of the event to understand how it can be improved and post our findings.
We plan to hold Asymconf 2.0 in approximately six months somewhere on the West Coast of the US. We are already scouting for locations.
If you have photos or additional comments regarding the event that you’d like to share, please post them below.
My thanks to those who made Asymconf possible:
- Indrek Vainu, operations
- Farshad Nayeri, software
- Paul Campbell, registration
- Kevin Krautle, videography
- Rami Salle, photography
- Panu Kuhlberg, music